There's the top 10 and then there's my top 10
Top ten lists are great, I mean, look at David Letterman, the dude's made a living off them. Everyone like's a top 10, it kinda helps us put things into perspective. So 2008 is over, and everybodies gotta top 10 for 2008. They all line up and put in their 2 cents, hundreds of websites, publications, bloggers, editors, and millions of Gamers, all of them have a top 10 and each of their top 10 is different from the next.
Put it into perspective
So here's the thing, I may have just discovered Soduko or whatever it's called in 2008 or maybe Connect 4 and played it a bunch. So does Connect 4 make my list? How about this scenario, I found some obscure independent game made in Norway in 2008 that I think is the show, does that make the top 10? In order to have a top 10, we gotta first lay out some ground rules. Number one, my top 10 list will contain games played on major gaming consoles (xbox, playstation, nintendo. Number two, I said consoles, not some handheld device like a PSP or Nintendo DS. Number three, these games will have been available to the general public, I'm not gonna pull some game out of my a$$ that only a few played but it never got released or made it anywhere. No diss to independant labels and stuff like that, actually, if you wanna send my something I can spin on my 360 or PC I'm game to give it a go and it may make the top 10 independant games list sometime. So, be fair. I'm not gonna list my top 10 NHL players of 2008 and just randomly throw some WHL dudes in there.
The top 10 listed and in one sentence, why. Drumbroll...
10. Little Big Planet - Reminds me of some early Atari computer games, I think Adventure comes to mind. Allows players creative input.
9. Deadspace - Graphics, intuitive controls, great sound, and some scary moments,, golden.
8. Fifa 08 - Great soccer, good online play, very nice.
7. Burnout Paradise - Awesome addition to this franchise.
6. Wii Sports - A staple and great introduction to the Wii, besides Super Mario Brothers, probably the best game to actually be shipped with the console.
5. Assassins Creed - Can get a little repetitive, but groundbreaking gameplay, smooth, awesome graphics, epic.
4. Left 4 Dead - Simple to the point and fun, think Galaga, Centipede, or PacMan with good graphics. Grab your gun and start shooting.
3. Fable 2 - A great follow up to Fable. No dissapointments here.
2. Gears of War 2 - There's just something about chainsawing locusts,, call me crazy.
1. Fallout 3 - To me, this is Bioshock on crack, excellent.
Till next time, keep your hands dry and keep those zombies in check.